Orthodontist Salary Canada



The average orthodontist salary Canada is determined by the Canadian wage and salary guide and a variety of other sources.  Orthodontists work in a number of settings including hospitals, clinics and schools. Earnings vary depending on the location and the setting. The assumption was made that the Orthodontists reflected here were working an average of 35 hours per week with a total of 1750 hours per year. Orthodontists are a very specialized type of dentist.  As a specialist their salary is much higher than that of the typical dentist.

Socialized Medicine
In Canada, Socialized Medicine makes sure that all Canadian citizens are assured medical care for themselves and their family under the Canadian health care system. This health care program provides Canadians preventative, as well as daily medical care from doctors. This ensures all Canadian citizens access to good medical and health care. Nearly all Canadian citizens, regardless of income or medical history qualify for this unique medical care.

Median Hourly

Country

Low

Median

High

Canadian

56.4647 CAD

97.8761 CAD

342.587 CAD

United States

$57.69

$100.00

$350,000

Annually

Country

Low

Median

High

Canadian

98,819.73 CAD

171,292.11 CAD

599,522.38 CAD

United States

$100,958

$175,000

$612,500

 

The lowest Orthodontist salary in Canada is less than $99,000 CAD. The highest average orthodontist salary in Canada is over $599,500 CAD per year. Presumably this is offset by costs of living and other factors. The lower pay levels are associated with rural areas. The highest pay levels are found in metropolitan areas. Demand and low supply seem to be a significant factor in fueling higher salaries. Lower salary may also indicate orthodontists who work part time vs. fulltime.

Top 5 Provinces and Territories
The top paying provinces and territories to earn an Orthodontist salary are Calgary-Alberta, Edmonton-Alberta, Fredericton-New Brunswick, London-Woodstock Area –Ontario and Winnipeg-Manitoba. These salaries are calculated as an annual mean or average salary.

Employment Data
As of January 2007, 18,861 dentists were licensed in Canada and many of these were Orthodontist. 76% of the dentists were male and 24% were female.

Where They Work
Of all the Dentists and Orthodontist employed in the Canada approximately 54% of them were in private practice, while the other 46% worked in dental groups or other dental settings.

Benefits
Fringe benefits will vary depending on business size and other factors.
 A typical employment benefits package is worth over $15,000 CAD per year