Oral Surgeon Salary Canada



The salaries of an oral surgeon

The average Oral Surgeon Salary is calculated by the Canadian Salary and Wage Guide and from a variety of other sources

Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon's work in a number of settings including hospitals, clinics and schools.

The salaries of an oral surgeon vary depending on the location and the setting. The assumption was made that the Oral Surgeons reflected here were working an average of 35 hours per week with a total of 1750 hours per year.

Oral Maxillo-Facial Surgeons are a very specialized type of dentist.  As a specialist their salary is much higher than that of the typical dentist.

Socialized Medicine

In Canada, Socialized Medicine makes sure that all Canadian citizens are assured medical care for themselves and their family under the Canadian health care system. This health care program provides Canadians preventative, as well as daily medical care from doctors. This ensures all Canadian citizens access to good medical and health care. Nearly all Canadian citizens, regardless of income or medical history qualify for this unique medical care.

Median Hourly

Country

Low

Median

High

Canadian

56.4647 CAD

97.8761 CAD

342.587 CAD

United States

$57.69

$100.00

$350,000

Annually

Country

Low

Median

High

Canadian

98,819.73 CAD

171,292.11 CAD

599,522.38 CAD

United States

$100,958

$175,000

$612,500

The lowest paid Oral Surgeon earns less than $100,000 CAD per year.  The highest average oral surgeon salary is over $599,000 CAD per year. Presumably this is offset by costs of living and other factors. The lower pay levels are associated with rural areas and part time status.  The highest pay levels are found in metropolitan areas. Demand and low supply seem to be a significant factor in fueling higher salaries

Top 5 Provinces and Territories

The top paying provinces and territories s to earn an Oral Surgeon salary are Calgary-Alberta, Edmonton-Alberta, Fredericton-New Brunswick, London-Woodstock Area –Ontarioand Winnipeg-Manitoba. These salaries are calculated as an annual mean or average. 

Employment Data

As of January 2007, 18,861 were licensed regulated dentists in Canada and many of these were Oral Surgeons.  76% of the dentists were male and 24% were female. 

Where They Work

Of all the Dentists and Oral Surgeonemployed in the Canadaapproximately 54% of them were in private practice, while the other 46% worked in dental groups or other dental settings. 

Benefits

Fringe benefits will vary depending on business size and other factors.  A typical employment benefits package is worth over $15,000 CAD per year