Dentist Salary Canada



The average Dentist Salary Canada is calculated by the Canadian Salary and Wage Guide and from a variety of other sources. Dentists work in a number of settings including hospitals, clinics and schools.  Dentist salaries vary depending on the location and the setting.  The assumption was made that the Dentists reflected here were working an average of 35 hours per week with a total of 1750 hours per year. 

Socialized Medicine
In Canada, Socialized Medicine makes sure that all Canadian citizens are assured medical care for themselves and their family under the Canadian health care system.  This health care program provides Canadians preventative, as well as daily medical care from doctors. This ensures all Canadian citizens access to good medical and health care. Nearly all Canadian citizens, regardless of income or medical history qualify for this unique medical care.

Dentist Salary Canada:

Median Hourly

Country

Low

Median

High

Canadian

56.46 CAD

97.88 CAD

342.59 CAD

United States

$57.69

$100.00

$350,000

Annually

Country

Low

Median

High

Canadian

98,820 CAD

171,292 CAD

599,522 CAD

United  States

$100,958

$175,000

$612,500


The lowest Dentist Salary Canada is less than $99,000 CAD.  The highest salary is over $599,000 CAD.  The higher salaries are reflective of the specialty providers within this career field. The lower pay levels are associated with rural areas.  The highest pay levels are found in metropolitan areas. Demand and low supply seem to be a significant factor in fueling higher salaries.  

Top 5 Provinces and Territories
The top paying provinces and territories s to earn a dentist salary are Calgary-Alberta, Edmonton-Alberta, Fredericton-New Brunswick, London-Woodstock Area –Ontario and Winnipeg-Manitoba.

Employment Data
As of January 2007, 18,861 were licensed regulated dentists in Canada.  76% were male and 24% were female.
 
Where They Work
Of all the dentists employed in the Canada approximately 54% of them were in private practice, while the other 46% worked in dental groups or other dental settings. 

Benefits
Fringe benefits are going to be similar to those offered by small businesses or single proprietor businesses. A typical employment benefits package is worth over $15,000 CAD per year